Terms & conditions of service
Based on Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014). The following terms and conditions refer to Chloé Young registered dietitian and her relationship with clients and potential clients. All clients (individual, group or business) will be subject to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions prior to the commencement of any dietetic service provided. Refusal to accept these will mean that services cannot be offered.
Services to be provided by Chloé Young BSc (Hons) state Registered Dietitian, contactable on 07902053418; email@example.com.
2.1 Fees for consultations are as follows:
1-hour session £35
Half hour session (30 minutes) £21.50
Group Workshop (20-30 people) Price varies depending on admin time.
Project work/ recipe analysis- Price varies depending on admin time.
These prices are subject to change, full notice of changes to pricing will be given.
2.2 Payment methods accepted are cash, cheque and bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to Chloe Young. Bank transfer details: Account number 12129062, sort code 80-47-45.
2.3 Fees will be payable on commencement of a consultation however may be paid in advance at request. A deposit up to the full value of the consultation may be required at time of booking for an appointment or a block of appointments.
2.4 A receipt or invoice can be issued for your records. Invoices will be due within 7 days for individual clients, business clients will due within 14 days.
3. 3.1 Amendments to bookings must be made more than 24 hours prior to the consultation and no fee will apply for modifications to bookings.
3.2 Cancellations must be made no less than 24 hours before the consultations. If cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, any deposits will be returned, and no fee will be charged.
3.2.1 Cancellations of less than 24 hours will result in the deposit and a fee, up to the full value of the consultation being charged.
3.2.2 Cancellations are accepted through all relevant methods of contact.
3.2.3 Clients who repeatedly do not keep appointments and do not cancel may be refused future treatment.
3.2.4 Appointments not attended and not cancelled will be due the full consultation value within 2 weeks of the arranged appointment date to avoid further fees.
4. 4.1 By accepting the terms of service, clients agree to complete an initial assessment questionnaire detailing recent and past health history. This information is required for the personalised and individual nature of the service in line with national data processing rules. Strictest confidence will be honoured with this and any other documents as per clause 9. Clients also accept to comply with relevant assessment methods that may be used for example food diaries.
4.2 All clients must complete the consent form prior to first appointment. If the client has not provided consent, and therefore not accepted these terms and conditions, the appointment will not take place.
5. Assessment methods used by the dietitian are done following appropriate training and regular practice.
6. Strict hygiene practices have been followed for the cleaning of any equipment. Infection control standards will be adhered to.
7. Responsibilities of clients. As a client using this service, you agree to the following:
7.1 Clients will, where reasonable, keep appointments and pay fees in a timely fashion.
7.2 Clients may be required to complete questionnaires/food diaries etc. as part of the service to aid treatment. These must be complied with and completed truthfully as they form a necessary part of the treatment.
7.3 Repeat consultations are often necessary, charged at the full consultation rate.
7.4 Clients are expected to engage in treatment and answer questions honestly and to the best of their ability/knowledge.
7.5 Clients are welcome to bring a chaperone to appointments.
8. The service provided by the dietitian is provided in accordance with the consumers statutory rights.
9. This service is provided with the strictest confidentiality and details of treatment /personal details will not be shared before seeking permission from the individual. Chloé Young is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller. Registration reference ZA262992.
9.1 The only exception to this is where there is a risk to the individual perceived as detailed in the Data Protection Act 2018.
9.2 Standards for confidentiality set by the Health & Care Professions Council and the British Dietetic Association will be adhered to.
9.3 Data will be stored securely and will only be used for the intended purposes i.e. treatment.
9.4 Personal data will be stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulations and British Dietetic Association guidance, stored securely for a minimum of 6 years for adults, and for children until their 25th birthday, or 26th if they are 17 at the start of treatment.
9.5 Clients can request access to notes kept at any time for free, these will be provided within 1 month as per the GDPR regulations.
10. As a client you can expect from the Dietitian:
10.1 Professional service, Dietitian is a protected title and registered health profession governed by the Health & Care Professions Council. Professional body membership with the British Dietetic Association also provides professional indemnity insurance.
10.2 Confidential service as per clause 9.
10.3 All records/ notes containing personal information will be stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
10.4 Continuing professional development, keeping professional knowledge & skills relevant and up to date as per HCPC regulations.
10.5 A letter to aid release from work/commitments can be provided, this will not disclose personal information discussed during appointments to anyone.